Saturday, January 30, 2010

"dealtree-techstore" EBAY review

So, for Christmas I bought myself a used Nokia N85 from Ebay.  Specifically, I bought it from a seller called “dealtree-techstore”.  Here is the description they had on the auction page:

Nokia N85 Smartphone Unlocked GSM Cell Phone – Black

Overall Condition: Tested Working

Cosmetic Condition: Some scratches and/or signs of use

Testing Notes: This item is working. This item is in the original box.

This item has been tested and appears to be in good working order.

Items Included:

nokia n85 cell phone

battery

battery cover

usb cable

headset

sd micro memory card

manual

software

original box

Items NOT Included:

ac adapter

dc adapter

av cable

Well, let’s just say that they got the “items not included” correct, but they messed up on a couple of other things.  The shipping time was decent.

However, they clearly stated that the phone was “black”, but in fact it was the copper model.  This is not just a stylistic difference, as the actual black model was supposed to have a better built body since it was a updated version of the N85.  Strike 1.

Second, they did not include a memory card.  None.  Strike 2.

Lastly, they did mention that there were “scratches and/or signs of use”, but it would have been nice to know that there was a significantly sized scratch on the screen.  I don’t mind the scratches on the back, but that’s a little more annoying.  Putting a screen protector on it helped alleviate that scratch…at least a little.

CONCLUSION:

Unfortunately, “dealtree-techstore” is not the most honest seller out there.  Maybe some details slipped through the cracks, but you’d think that they would at least get the color of the phone right.  I have a feeling that they do not elaborate on details (such as the crack) because it would result in a lower sell price.  Unfortunately for them, I asked for $50 off what I paid because of the errors on their part.  They ended up agreeing with a $30 refund, which is fine, because I wasn’t really expecting them to give me $50 back.  They do have a return policy, but I needed to have a phone so that’s why I kept it.

Buyers, beware of dealtree-techstore.

p.s. Please let me know if this blog helped you or if you have any questions.

[Via http://misfitfotography.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment