Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Nokia N97 mini is here

Last week I received a Nokia N97 mini review unit from Molly & co at Nokia Blogger Relations! As the name implies, it’s basically the Nokia N97’s little sibling…

It’s smaller & thinner, with less screen (3.2″ vs. 3.5″), less built-in storage (8 GB vs. 32 GB), a better keyboard (same layout as the Nokia N900), a nicer battery cover (stainless steel vs. plastic), no camera lens cover, and no FM transmitter…

Yet despite the reduced specifications, the N97 mini somehow feels like a more solid and more premium device than the N97 – and despite similar versions of S60v5 (with widgets & kinetic scrolling), the N97 mini feels faster and more stable than the N97 :)

I’ll be putting the N97 mini through its paces, but for the time being, take a look at my pictures and video:

BTW, I snapped these pictures with my Samsung T929 (Memoir) in low light on a rainy day – notice the lack of noise. Also, I no longer have an N97, but here is a size comparison.

[Via http://tnkgrl.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment