Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Life Throughout Icons

This idea just sprung to my mind when I was staring at the TED logo and I immediately started to collect all the logos/icons/marks which somehow had an influence on my life, be it a commercial brand, an institution, a tv series, a band, a software or a website. I spent a whole day searching, scanning, editing, sometimes recreating these things, and it was a strange experience full of surprises and nostalgia. It made me smile when I saw the chronological connections between some icons that I had not thought of before. I realized that icons can do a pretty good job of defining a person. I just want to look at this thing for hours like a vain girl looking at a mirror – this may sound weird, but you probably would understand what I feel if you were to look at your own version of this.

Some of the old icons – like Cicibebe, Nutella or Remeron – are still very present in my life, by the way. I placed those things according to where they first made appearence. There are some old icons I’m still looking for, so this is not the last version. I also plan to update it as years go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment